(makes 2 main or 4 side servings)
- 2 x 15 ounce (425 g) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Toss the peas, tomato, bell pepper, onion, carrot, celery, and parsley together in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture into the vegetables. Cover well and place in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 8 hours) before serving. Delicious!!
You can keep it plant-based … or you can add a can of tuna or shredded chicken to boost the protein content!
(Tip: It tastes even better if you make this at least 8 hours ahead of time.)