Did you know that reports of anxiety are up 25% over the past couple of years?
I personally think this number is low since anxiety shows up in different ways for different people … and it’s not always easy to recognize it as anxiety.
A few ways it can show up: feeling restless or agitated, having headaches and/or unexplained pains, trouble focusing, feeling tired, disrupted sleep, worrying, or rolling the same-old, same-old thoughts over and over in your head.
One of the best natural ways to get almost immediate relief from anxiety is to EXERCISE – especially workouts that get your heart rate up!
It works in a few different ways to help you feel better, and studies show it rivals some prescription meds. (Pretty awesome!)
Here are a few ways exercise helps battle anxiety:
- It can get your mind off of whatever is making you feel anxious
- The very act of moving stops your muscles from being so tense
- Getting your heart rate up boosts anti-anxiety brain chemicals
- Plus, it activates the part of your brain that helps control the amygdala (Your amygdala can trigger feelings of fear & anxiety)
- PLUS … exercising regularly can help you become less vulnerable to strong emotions
The more regular you are about getting exercise, the better your anxiety-killing results.
For the best results, find activities that get your heart rate up AND that you like doing – and keep doing them.
It could be an after-dinner walk … a dance class … or going for a bike ride!
And … if you are experiencing serious anxiety, be sure to tell your doctor.
Just another reason to move your body or get in that workout!
PS If you’re interested in joining a FREE 5 Day Detox Challenge, CLICK HERE to get started!
CLICK HERE to schedule a FREE 15-minute chat with me to get started on your path to wellness. I work tirelessly to find the root causes of my clients’ health issues!