This makes a meal in a hurry!
Feel free to use either red or green curry paste – you can find it in most grocery stores.
Fast & Easy Sweet Potato Curry
(Makes 3 servings)
- ½ Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup curry paste
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled & chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 x 15 oz (450 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 13.5 oz (380 g) can of coconut milk
- optional: fresh lime juice
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and continue to cook, stirring, for another 1-2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and coconut milk. Stir gently to combine. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat slightly. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, keeping an eye on the sauce to make sure it doesn’t become too dry. Add more water (about 3-4 Tbsp at a time) if necessary. Continue to cook until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
Remove from the heat, and if using the lime juice, drizzle over the top. Serve over cooked quinoa and enjoy!