April is Stress Awareness Month so I’d like to share the Top 7 Warning Signs that your stress levels may be getting out of control.
- Sudden bursts of Anger. We all know the feeling. It just sneaks up on us and we blow our top over a tiny little thing.
- Feeling Overwhelmed. Frazzled? Can’t get your act together? Too much to do and not enough time in your day? You might be experiencing overwhelm.
- Constant Worry. Do you worry about everything? The kids? Work? Your health? The state of the world? Your future? The polar ice caps? We have to be careful not to create what we are worrying about.
- Depression. Signs of depression can include exhaustion, difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much, anxiety, feeling numb or disconnected, eating too much or too little and feeling sad. It can be challenging to crawl out of that black hole but it can be done with the right support.
- Mood Swings. Happy one minute, depressed the next? Nervous and anxious? It feels like you are on a rollercoaster and you can’t get off.
- Letting Yourself Go. Do you find yourself not showering, putting on weight, not exercising, eating too much? Let’s not punish our bodies, let’s just handle the stress.
- Immune Stress. Are you constantly getting sick? Catching every cold that comes your way? Stress has a way of stressing out your immune system too.
How many of the warning signs can you relate to? If you are experiencing 2 or more of the signs, you may be in need of some support for stress. Check out some of my favorite stress busters.